.

Monday, August 6, 2007

Catching up

Well so far I am not very good at posting regularly but now that I have to stay sitting for most of my day I should get better at this!

We have had an eventful few weeks. At 18 weeks we, unfortunately, had to take our first trip to Labor & Delivery. I had contractions that would not stop so we spent an evening there. Luckily they were able to get my contractions under control and the babies all were doing great so we were able to come home late that night. Many thanks to Anne and Aunt Marianne for keeping Ashlyn entertained. She was so happy with her night of sushi, toys r us and fun with her cousins that she was unphased by my first visit to the hospital. So thank you, thank you, thank you, I don't know what we would have done without your help!

Later that week we had our level 2 ultrasound, which checks for any abnormalities in the babies organs and overall development thus far, and all 3 were perfect. Now they just have to stay in there as long as possible. They were also able to confirm that baby A is a boy and babies B & C are girls so 1 boy and 2 girls for us, next we just have to agree on names and we will be all set. I have posted a few ultrasound pictures, it is amazing how fast they grow!

At 19 weeks we ended up in Labor & Delivery again with more contractions. After a few hours of iv fluids and meds they let us go home but with strict orders for me to stay off my feet. So now I'm adjusting to staying still all the time which is not easy. Mark and Ashlyn are taking good care of me though and Ashlyn is keeping me occupied with lots of board games. I think she is enjoying my rest much more than I am. We have a long way to go before these babies can be born healthy so every day without a trip to the hospital is a good one at this point!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

The pictures of the babies are amazing! You can tell how much they have grown from the last set. It must be incredible to watch the ultrasound screens. I'm praying that the triplets decide to stay put for another 10 - 12 weeks. Although I wouldn't mind sharing my birthday with them - I know they'll have a better start if they arrive around Halloween or after.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you, Mark and Ashlyn and we will do anything we can to help you through the next couple of months until you deliver 3 healthy babies. Just enjoy all the rest you are getting now.
You have some real special guardian angels looking after you and the babies!

Anonymous said...

Aww your babies look so cute. Your 4d pictures look alot better then mine do. Must have better equipment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...