.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Still Here...

Well, we are still here. I've been in the hospital for about a week and a half now and we're still hanging on. Our tests this week showed that the babies are doing great but my cervix continues to shorten and I continue to have contractions. So, unfortunately, we are still holding our breath.

Everyone has been so wonderful. My mom has coordinated care for Ashlyn so she has been traveling through the family since I got here. She has visited quite a bit and even got to spend the night once so it doing pretty well.

The babies are growing so quickly now, especially will me laying still all day, although it is pretty hard to get in all the calories I need from hospital food :P Mark has been wonderful, bringing me lunch from outside this place, staying with me, keeping me sane (well trying anyway). He has done more than I could have ever asked for. Even though this is a rough time it has showed me how lucky I truly am.

Hope to post with pictures soon, no camera here yet!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers,

Jessica

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Jessica! You are doing everything you can for those babies. They are already so lucky to have such great parents that are doing everything they can to keep them safe.

Aunt Marianne

Anonymous said...

Jessica, Hope you don't mind, but Crystal sent your website to me. She has been keeping updated on you and your family. My niece was in the hospital for 6 weeks before her daughter was born, and she was only carrying one! She couldn't even sit up to use her laptop and said it was so hard. She also had a 3 year old and a 1 year old at home. Like you, she was lucky to have family there. They live in Georgia and my sister-in-law was able to be there for 5 weeks to take care of the kids so her husband coud go to work and be with her as much as he could. Everything went fine when the baby was born, in fact, she was a little late! So there are a lot of good stories out there with happy endings and Drs. know so much more than they used to. The website is good. It will keep you busy and be a great memory to show the kids when they're older. I can't believe Ashlyn is 12!! She sounds excited to be a big sister! I don't know if your mom told you but Katie has been doing the fertility thing for about 8 months now and is contemplating invitro soon. It's crazy how she got pregnant pretty easy for Libby and now.....I'm sure you can relate. Anyway, we're praying for all of you. Good luck with everything and try to keep sane in that bed. It'll be over before you know it and you'll be soooo busy! :) Jane Clark

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Just wanted to say hang in there!! I was on hospital bedrest for almost 3 months while pg with my triplets. Email me if you ever want to chat and I can try and give you some ideas to help the time pass. Best Wishes!!
Katie-mom to triplet girls- 2 1/2 years
www.lenhartfamily.blogspot.com
katengarry@yahoo.com

andrea m. said...

Thanks for updating us, Jessica and Ashlyn. Now I don't ahve to hear it all from my mom! We are all thinking about you and the babies and wishing you good health and lots of love. Remember to breathe deeply. Breathe into those babies and let them know everything is OK! You are awesome.
Lots of Love,
andrea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...