.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Angel

I realize that the majority of my posts lately have been a little on the melancholy side and I promise I am going to get back to my usual, mindless posts very soon but I just have one more that might require kleenex.

Today a beloved little sixth grader from my husband's school lost her battle with cancer.

For the life of me I just cannot wrap my brain around why children die.  Why any parent has to live through saying goodbye to their child, whether they are 2 days or 12 years old, is incomprehensible to me.  I was in the car, taking the kids to visit Mark when he called and told me the news and I got that terrible feeling where you look around and wonder how in the world everything keeps moving and everyone carries on as normal when somewhere not too far away, there is a family going through such incomprehensible pain.   I just really don't understand this horrible world of loss that I have discovered over the last few years.  There are so many of us, so many moms who have lost a child and now one more.  My heart hurts for them and I will go to bed tonight hoping that this new little angel has found Hadley's hand to hold.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...