.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Last weekend

I cannot believe it has taken me so long to blog about last weekend.

There is an amazing group of moms who have found each other online over the last three years who have lost one, two or all of their triplets.

We all struggle with the same issues:

Am I still a triplet mom?
How do I raise my survivors and still mourn the child(ren) I have lost?
Where in the world do I "fit"? 
What do I call them now?
How do I pick myself up and keep going?
What will I tell my survivors as they grow?

...you get the picture.

Anyway, these ladies are from all over the country and somehow we have found each other and have been pulling each other through the last few years.  Sometimes we sadly welcome a new member to the group and somehow, as we each move through our stages of grief, parenting and remembering our babies, we keep each other afloat.

So back to last weekend...

One of the ladies mentioned in the spring that she had a wedding near me so I was thrilled at the chance I may get to meet her in person.  Next another planned a trip to visit friends in the same area and another decided to fly in too.  I marked these days as sacred on our calendar and could not wait to meet them.

Soooooo, I spent last Sunday and Monday in the company of three amazing moms of surviving triplets and three sets of our surviving triplets.

Three moms who understand without any of us saying a word.

To say it was nice is an understatement but I'm try to control my over use of the word amazing.

I know the chance of being a triplet is rare (I don't feel like looking up the stats).
The chance of being a surviving triplets is that much more rare.
So the chances of all of these surviving triplets in one state at one time, in my very scientific calculation, must be at least one in a bazillion.

I love that our kids got to meet and I love that we are going to do this again and hope that more members of our "group that no one wants to have to join" will be able to travel to wherever our paths cross next.
Heather, with her survivors Zoi and Alex, Allison (her survivors Jack and Evan were home with Dad), Me with Parker, McKenna and Sawyer and Dana with her survivors Olivia and Jacob
(not pictured- Ari, Alex, Hadley and Benjamin, all smiling down on their Mommies and siblings)

If you are reading this and are the mom to triplets who may not all be here any longer contact me if you would like to be part of our online group.  I know I speak for everyone in saying we are sad that you need us but here for you if you do.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I am thrilled that you got to visit with these women! What a special day it must have been.

Jennifer G. said...

I would love to know more about your group. I had triplets on July 18, 2009. I had 3 boys to identical 1 fraternal my identical boys suffered from Twin to Twin transfusuion causing their earlier delivery at 28 weeks. My son Logan lived 6 months 12 days in the NICU and passed away from respiratory failure and sepsis on January 30, 2010. I have also kept a blog since my pregancy www.motherofatoddlerandtriplets.blogspot.com

I recently met another mom online, who lost 2 of her identical girl triples before birth, and very recently last week brought home her surviver. She has a blog as well at http://mishaelsbabies.blogspot.com

Laci said...

This is great. What a special visit. I would love to know about this group. I have struggled to find other moms with surviving triplets so this would be wonderful.

I had triplet girls born in August of 2008 at only 24 weeks gestation. My first baby, Grace, was stillborn and my second baby girl, Olivia, lived only 37 days in the NICU before her death. My third baby, Betsy, came home from the NICU after 112 days and she just turned 2 years old. A true miracle indeed.

Thanks for sharing this.
My blog can be found at:
http://laci-little-angels.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...