.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Odd in the Family

I have discovered that there might be a thing or two that goes on in my family that is a bit to the left of "normal." (I may have known this all along but somedays it is glaringly obvious.)

Have you ever had one of those moments when you look at the goings-on of your house as if you were a visitor to your own life and thought to yourself, jeez we are a weird bunch??

I had one such moment today...

My daughter was eating one of those round breakfast sausage patties and I watched her perform her usual routine:

1.  Consume sausage in small bites, stopping once it is halfway devoured.

2.  Assure each bite is tiny and precise, creating a wavelike pattern horizontally across the patty.

3.  Beginning from the left hand side, name each crest in your breakfast meat after a member of the family.

4.  Carry said piece of meat around for as long as your mom will allow, talking to Mommy, Daddy, your siblings, your grandparents and your aunts and uncles about their day. (Let me tell you, no more compelling tale could be told than a day in the life of someone living atop a piece of sausage.)

For the first time I observed this regularly occurring demonstration from the outside looking in and, in realizing just how eccentric it is, assured myself that this MUST come from my husband's side of the family.

Mommy's sorry for outing you McKenna, we both know that channeling family members through your breakfast sausage is only the tip of Crazy in our house.  Although as I type, your brothers are partially clothed in your wardrobe, attempting to carry you toga-party style on an oversized stuffed fish,
leading me to believe that you may just be the mastermind of the lunacy around here.



If you have not been scared away by our relationship with meat, please tell me I am not the only one.
Who adds a bit of odd to your family?
Spill it... if for no other reason than to make me feel better :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...