.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Fingerpainting Gone Wrong

As always, my vision of a nice, quiet, organized craft did not turn out exactly how I had planned. We started out doing a handprint project and ended up with this...
It was a complete mess but did remind me of how totally different my children are. Parker spent the whole time begging me to give him the whole bottle of finger paint so that he could squeeze the entire contents onto his paper while McKenna chanted "wash the hands, wash the hands" after I had to put her hands into the paint to even get her to do anything. Ashlyn was home for the day too and did a great job of helping me try to keep some paint at least on the table.

I spent the rest of the morning trying to get the kids clean and naptime trying to get my house clean but I'm sure I will forget about the disaster soon and attempt another project.

7 comments:

LindaFaye said...

A friend of mine reminds me that it's not about the finished product, but about the process of the kids learning.... but it's always nice to have a good finished project...

LindaFaye said...

oh yeah, dropped in from SITS

Shawn said...

Ewww---what a fun mess! heh, heh.
Just visiting over from SITS---leaving some comment love!

Nan & Mike said...

Haha!!! Love it!!! :) xxoo

Crystal Escobar said...

ah, that's so cute :) haha, but isn't that just the way it is.

Natasha said...

That is too funny. So can relate to both. My oldest - we did finger paining only outside because he was so messy. The little one would not touch it with a ten foot pole and still demand her hands to be washed.

Jen said...

wow. what a mess!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...